26 October 2011

More Colds

Since last week's post, the colds had gotten worse. I lost my voice on Thursday, and the kids continued to have horribly runny noses.

From Wednesday to Saturday, nothing really happened. We were just all sick at home. Thank goodness that Jeffery was gone, or he would have been just as miserable. And due to this miserable-ness, there is only this one picture.


There it is. Alexander eating some yogurt. Riveting, I know.

Jeff came home on Saturday at around 1:30 p.m. If you recall from last week, he had been gone for training. It was so nice to have him home, to talk to someone who is over the age of 3.


Which, by the way, is a new milestone for Alexander: when I ask him "how old are you?", he doesn't say "good" anymore (as if I asked him "how are you?"), he now says "fwee!" November hopefully will be a great month for Alexander, since it has been 6 months since he was first assessed at Early Words! Early Words told us that there was a 6 month waiting list for speech therapy, and November is month 6! So hopefully we will get a call this month, and start making larger bouts of progress with his speech.

Sunday was pretty awesome, since I got to see my baby sister, Karen, at mom and dad's place after church. I don't get to see her very often, so when I do, it is a treat. :)

But I think I made Ethan sick. I was feeding him his bottle on Sunday, and though I was careful to not breathe on him, he is now sick. So I have a feeling that I made him that way. :(  But I held Moriah too, and she isn't sick, so maybe I didn't... who knows, right?

Monday was a good day. We went back to school, and both Alexander and Isabel really enjoyed it. There were a LOT of kids there, though, so I was happy to leave for home.

On Tuesday, Nancy J. picked me and the kids up and we went to the rock (my name for our church building) for some woman-to-woman chatting. There was about 10 women there, I think, and 4 babies. It was nice to get together with other moms, listening to their conversations. I might have chimed in every once in a while if I hadn't been falling asleep where I was sitting! There is a story to this:

While we were driving to the rock, I started feeling nauseous. It was nasty. I had a gravol in my purse, so I took that. Shortly after, I started getting really, really drowsy. And dizzy. I made it to the end of the morning, and Nancy drove us home. Thankfully, Isabel napped in the afternoon. Alexander did not, but I didn't want him bothering Isabel when she was trying to sleep, so I had him upstairs in my bedroom with me. He likes playing in my bedroom, and he played really well while I took a sort-of nap.


When I woke up, the dizziness and grogginess was gone, but the nausea was still there. After Jeff came home, we went to Shoppers, where we picked up some gingerale. That helped a bit. Today, I feel the same as I did yesterday. But I'm about to have another gingerale, so hopefully that will help for a bit.


On another note, my best friend, Heather, is pregnant with baby #3!!! Which is fanta-bulous! She and her dear hubby weren't expecting this one. But they are both really happy and excited for #3 to arrive, as am I!!! But they had been thinking that two kids was enough, and they had given away most of their baby clothes! So it seems like they will start from scratch, which really sucks. But it's a good thing that they have so much support from family and friends, I'm sure they'll have tons of clothes in no time!

Well, that's for now, folks! May the schwartz be with you. *groan*

Trees Hide

4 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon. Better than ginger ale is the kind of powder in the spice area of a store....you boil water and make a ginger tea....probably no more than a 1/4 teaspoon per cup....but if it is not very gingery...then add more. Good kuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rivetting.........LOL Shirley!

    hope you're all feeling better. Take it easy until you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you are feeling bad! My little one has had a constant drip from her nose for a week... let the cold season begin:( Hopped over from Mercantile Muse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you've been sick. I was wondering where you've been, (facebook, best, etc.) :~(
    get better soon.
    Debbi
    -ourhometoyours

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post. I really enjoy reading feedback and comments from my readers!